Your Current Location:
Policy and Procedures
Our school is not only proud of our reputation for giving students a positive experience as artistic athletes, but is also proud to offer a dance education that includes discipline, respect and class participation. Please review these policies with your child(ren). In an effort to offer all students and their families an organized, friendly and positive experience, we strictly enforce our studio policies.
- Students are to arrive 10 minutes before their class and are to be picked up no later than 10 minutes after their class. Younger students arriving early must be supervised. Teachers and Danceworks staffs are not responsible for students before classes commence or after they have finished.
- Students should arrive dressed according to the dress code with all necessary hair accessories and shoes. Hair is to be worn back off the face for all classes. Ballet students are required to wear their hair in a bun.
- Students are expected to act appropriately during class and not disrupt their teachers or other students. Parents will be notified if their child is misbehaving or causing a disruption during class. Upon a third notification, a meeting with the child, family and dance director will commence.
- If a student needs to be excused during class for any reason, they must ask permission. No child will be released of their own accord. For early dismissal, parents must make prior arrangements and come to the door to pick up their child. This is a matter of safety.
- Please notify the studio in advance of a class absence.
- Missed classes will not be made up and no refunds shall be issued. Cancelled classes (outside of Statutory Holidays) will be rescheduled.
- Once registered, student class placement is considered reserved for the season. Fees will not be refunded once a term begins. In the case of a withdrawal from Danceworks, the director should be notified in writing immediately. Until such time, the space will be held for the student and charges invoiced to the parents or guardians accordingly.
- Parents must make an appointment to speak with a teacher. Out of respect for students who are waiting for their class to begin, we ask that parents and students do not approach teaching staff between classes.
- Gum chewing is not permitted in classes.